I’m considering migration from Unity and examining possible pitfalls. I’m interested in mobile platforms and making free-to-play multiplayer games. How easy is it to access native services and third-party solutions?
- Cloud networking. In Unity world we can use Photon Unity Networking to avoid complexity of writing homemade client/server interaction. Are there any examples of published games which use Photon or maybe other services?
- Advertising. How can I integrate Unity Ads or Fyber network? Are there any manuals for Xenko?
- In-app purchases. Are there .NET-wrappers for native libs for billing (Play Store, App Store)?
- Cloud storage. Is it possible to use Google Firebase or Parse-analogs for remote configs, realtime database, user-generated content storage, etc.?
- How does native interop look on Android and iOS? For example, Unity provides high level classes like
AndroidJavaObject, which allow (restricted) programming “in Java” while programming in C#.