Trying to add a custom rendering in JumpyJet

To learn Xenko, I try to add a custom rendering in Jympyjet sample.

First I changed the configuration of GraphicsCompositor: CameraRender’s child is a SceneRenderingCollection, so that I can add my own Renderer there, beside JumpyJetRenderer

Then I create my script, with super basic drawing:

Then I added an entity to the scene that contains my script.

My problem :
My custom rendering (MJScript.Draw) is drawn BEHIND JumpyJetRenderer’s drawing. I can see it only if I remove all the background drawing of JumpyJetRenderer.

What do I do wrong?

There is no answer, is it too trivial (not for me) or too hard?
Not well explained?

The reason your renderer is rendering “behind” the JumpyJetRenderer is because the default depth for the SpriteBatch.Draw methods is 0. 0 being the closest to the “camera”/“screen” the bigger the number the further back it is. The JumpyJetRenderer appears to user depth 0,1, and 2. which means you can’t get in front of it. I won’t get into how depth stencils work. But you have several options, two of which you could just copy & paste:

• Change the JumpyJetRenderer so the depth is further back. Have a look at the Pal0Depth etc. constants.
  • Change your renderer so it clears the depth buffer. Meaning nothing previously drawn (this frame) will be “in front”.
rdc.CommandList.Clear(rdc.CommandList.DepthStencilBuffer, DepthStencilClearOptions.DepthBuffer);
  • Change your renderer so the spriteBatch “ignores” depth.
spriteBatch.Begin(rdc.GraphicsContext, depthStencilState: DepthStencilStates.None);
  • Change your composition so it takes care of the depth for you. You can do “layering”. I have only done this for built in render features. Not sure best way to go about it for your current situation. Above options probably easier.