If you haven’t kept up, here’s the previous post about this subject:
Please follow the link below to submit your vote for Xenko’s new name.
We’ll take the top 10 and try to reach a consensus with the community through debate, logo design and concept.
That list was compiled on the 27 of September at 6am UTC, any submission after that could not be part of this list, sorry.
- Xenomorph Engine:
- Even if the usage is different and that word is fairly common, let’s stay clear of any potential copyright issues here.
- DDNX (DDNX is Definitely Not Xenko):
- Again no point in taking risks here, this name still ‘contains’ xenko.
- Ceyx Engine:
- Fairly obvious why.
- Cimitar Engine:
- Very close to Scimitar, the previous name of AnvilNext which is Ubisoft’s main engine.
- While this won’t result in any copyright dispute let’s avoid any confusion.
- Already used by an xbox emulation project.
- Solaris Engine:
- Solarus is an ARPG engine.
- It’s a diagnostic platform and a text indexing algorithm.
- Unium Engine:
- Unium is a video game.
- X-Byte Engine:
- X-Byte is an application development company.
- Trinity is used by two games and trinity engine is some kind of tool.
- Sprout Engine:
- A 16-bit sprite engine for MacOS.
- Verity Engine:
- Some kind of ML tool.
- Two different c# engines on github this time (sorry)
- Inference engine for embedded device.
- Infinity Engine:
- BioWare’s engine for their isometric RPG.
- C++ game engine, http://opengine.io/
- Formation Engine:
- Some assets on the unity asset store.
- Eidolon Engine: