Where is the startup cs file?

I want to work entirely inside Visual Studio. The Xenko Studio looks nice, but it’s not for me.

I added a new file- GameScript.cs to the MyGame.Game project and made a SyncScript.

using SiliconStudio.Xenko.Engine;
using System;

namespace MyGame
{
    public class GameScript : SyncScript
    {
        public override void Start()
        {
            throw new Exception("Get here at least?");
        }

public override void Update()
        {

}
    }
}

I put a breakpoint inside the Start method but it never hits. I see in the documentation that the script files needs to be dragged to the scene but it can also be done programatically-

myEntity.Add(new myAsyncScript());

However, I don’t know what the entry file is. I looked at the sample projects like JumpyJet and see they have scripts, but I don’t see how those scripts are added, I assume through the drag-and-drop method.

How do I add scripts to the game outside of the xenko studio?

Look for your Main method. You can create your own class extending Game and instantiating it there instead of using the one from the library.

Script will be executed only if they are added to an entity.

See http://doc.xenko.com/latest/en/manual/scripts/use-a-script.html

Entry points for games are in the platform specific projects. For example if you created a game called MyGame for Windows there would be a project called MyGame.Windows and there would be a MyGameApp.cs in there that looked like:

class MyGameApp
{
    static void Main(string[] args)
    {
        using (var game = new Game())
        {
           //Setup Game stuff here:

game.Run();
        }
    }
}

You could do all your setup in there per platform. But I think the easiest solution is just to use Game Studio setup a single MainScene with 1 Entity in it with a StartupScript called something like Bootstrap on it. Then close Game Studio and code away:

public class Bootstrap : StartupScript
{
    public override void Start()
    {
        // Do all your game startup code in here
    }
}

You may also need a camera in your startup screen.