@sebl I doubt that xen has the funds necessary to do this kind of thing so unless someone proposes it that won’t be feasible.
The biggest engine didn’t rely on that kind of services either, and to be frank they actually have pretty terrible names (unreal engine and cry engine are kind of cringe worthy names, godot doesn’t have much to do with game dev’, it’s just a reference to either a microsoft release code or a play), I’m sure it could help but I don’t think we have a choice here.
As for the rest of your point, definitely, I’ll include a short description of what the user should look for when voting at the top of the poll.
How about using the voting process to filter out names, use the top 10 or top 5 for logo design proposal and pick the best from there, how does that sound to you ? This should resolve a couple of issues that you have with this process.
Or would you rather want us to postpone this ? We really have to do it soon as more time passes and the worse it’s going to get for seo, tutorials and co. 23 days passed since xen made that announcement but if you feel like this is too soon I’ll cancel it for now.
Sorry I didn’t specify why certain submissions could not be included:
- Xenomorph Engine:
- Even if the usage is different and that word is fairly common, let’s stay clear of any potential copyright issues here.
- DDNX (DDNX is Definitely Not Xenko):
- Again no point in taking risks here, this name still ‘contains’ xenko.
- Ceyx Engine:
- Fairly obvious why.
- Cimitar Engine:
- Very close to Scimitar, the previous name of AnvilNext which is Ubisoft’s main engine.
- While this won’t result in any copyright dispute let’s avoid any confusion.
- Already used by an xbox emulation project.
- Solaris Engine:
- Solarus is an ARPG engine.
- It’s a diagnostic platform and a text indexing algorithm.
- Unium Engine:
- Unium is a video game.
- X-Byte Engine:
- X-Byte is an application development company.
- Focus Engine:
- D6 Engine:
- Astra Engine:
- Infinity Engine:
- Xanadu Engine:
- Quantum Engine:
- Lambda Engine:
- Ultimate Engine:
- Formation Engine:
- Genius Engine:
- Synergy Engine:
- Domain name(s) already taken.